Engineering is considered one of the most lucrative careers in India and this is the reason why thousands of students vie for the available seats at all engineering colleges across the country. Students can sit for the engineering entrance exams India right after appearing for the 10+2 board exams. Engineering is certainly one of the most promising fields of study as it offers enormous opportunities for higher education, employments, research and development. Moreover with the rapid advancement of technology countless branches of Engineering are opening up which interest science students significantly.
In order to qualify for the limited engineering seats (with respect to the number of applicants) and seek admission to any AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) affiliated college, students are supposed to qualify the All India Engineering Entrance examination (AIEEE). Most popular and toughest engineering exams in india is IIT-JEE which is the combined admission tests for IITs. Apart from these two major entrance exams, all states conduct provincial engineering exams in india.
AIEEE: This exam consists of three papers- Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Objective type questions are set with equal marks for all three subjects. Another paper is set for complex mathematical problems, engineering drawings and aptitude test. This examination awards the aspirants with a national level rank which helps them seek admission in a list of top engineering colleges in India, which include 30 prestigious NITs (National Institute of Technology).
IITJEE: IIT-JEE is the Joint Entrance Examination for admission in the IIT colleges. This combined test is considered one of the toughest examinations to crack. Students are required to answer papers set on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The examination tests the knowledge as well as analytical and reasoning power of the applicants.
Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences Admission Test: The Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences Admission Test is an online test conducted for admissions to BITS Pilani, BITS Goa and BITS Hyderabad. The test paper includes total 150 questions on 4 alternative subjects, each question carries 3 marks. There are several bachelor degree programs for the students to choose from.
Delhi University CEE: CEE is the common admission test conducted by Delhi University for admissions in the Bachelor of Engineering courses. 15% of the total seats are reserved for candidates cracking the AIEEE test.
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam: The Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam is generally held in mid April. The all India based exam paper consists of 120 multiple choice questions and each question carries 1 mark.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering: GATE is an all India based test conducted jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the 7 IITs. The test primarily targets students seeking admission in M.Tech or Masters in engineering subjects.
National Aptitude Test in Architecture: Government of India conducts the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or NATA to evaluate the aptitude of students aspiring to study architecture. Students who crack the entrance can seek admission in Govt. aided architecture colleges and schools.
Here is a list of other Engineering exams in india:
- Arunachal Pradesh Engineering Entrance Exams
- Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination
- Anna University Engineering Entrance Exam
- AMU Engineering Entrance Exam
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency BEE Exam
- Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Engineering Entrance Exam
- B.S. Abdur Rahman University Engineering Entrance Exam
- Bharath University Engineering Entrance Exam
- COMEDK UGET Karnataka
- CIPET JEE Engineering Entrance Exams
- CUSAT Common Admission Test
- Chaudhary Charan singh University entrance exam
- Dr DY Patil AICET BTech Entrance Exams
- DAIICT Entrance Exams
- Engineering Exam in Assam
- ENAT Engineering Exam
- EAMCET Engineering Entrance Exams
- Gujarat CET Engineering Entrance Exams
- GGSIPU CET Entrance exams
- Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
- ICFAI University Engineering Entrance Exam
- Joint Entrance Examination
- Jamia Millia Islamia Engineering Admission
- Jharkhand Common Entrance Test Engineering
- Jaypee Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Entrance Exams
- KEAM Engineering Entrance Exams
- Karunya University Entrance Exam 2011
- Karnataka Engineering Entrance Exams
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam
- Marine Engineering & Research Institute – MERI Admission
- Madhya Pradesh Pre Engineering Test
- Manipal Institute of Technology Exam
- Maharashtra Engineering Exam
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology Delhi
- NERIST NEE Engineering Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- SRM Institute of Science Technology – SRMEEE
- Punjab Technical University Engineering Exam
- SMIT Engineering Entrance Exam
- Orissa JEE Engineering Entrance Exams
- Symbiosis International University Engineering Exam
- Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test
- State Entrance Examination UPTU
- School of Planning and Architecture Admission
- School of Petroleum Technology Entrance Exams
- Tolani Maritime Institute Engineering Entrance Exam
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
- Vinayaka Missions University Engineering Entrance Exam
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations