Initially when analytics came into the scenario, it was limited to the field of finance, retail, telecom and healthcare. However, science is developing fast and amalgamating with so many different fields that the world of analytics is also expanding. Analytics basically involves the use of strong tools and techniques in analyzing data. Analytics is now widely used in almost every industry such as e-commerce, social media, gaming and HR as well. It is the major reason why this field is booming in the country. Aspiring analytics have a great scope and career to look forward to.
But at first, you need to understand the eligibility and job profile of an analyst. To be eligible for applying for the post of an analyst, you need to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized educational institute.
Some key skills required to make a career in Analytics include:
- Interest in the field of finance and data analysis and strong Number Crunching ability
- Proactive approach
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to do deadline oriented work
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- An eye for detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The basic Job Profile of an Analyst includes:
- Performing research and handling financial modeling
- Creating financial analysis and preparing information memorandums
- Doing analysis of merger consequences for the client organization
- Preparing security valuations
- Taking full responsibility of the client deliverable right from the very start up to the end
- Interacting with senior consultants and professionals to seek their advice whenever required
- Identifying investment opportunities and landscaping various sectors
- Writing the full detailed research reports and maintaining documentation
Job opportunities as an Analyst are immense. On the basis of the experience that you have, a budding analyst have four levels of jobs to look forward to. These include:
- Entry level job for which you can apply if you are a fresher or have an experience of up to 2 years.
- Mid-level job as an analyst for which an applicant can appear if he or she has an experience ranging between 2 to 5 years.
- Senior management level job for which a professional analyst can apply if he or she has an experience ranging between 5 to 10 years.
- Director level job as an analyst for which you may apply if you have an experience of over 10 years.